Air Fried Tofu delivers a crispy crust with a perfectly chewy center. Use this light tofu recipe over noodles, on salad, in your favorite bowl recipes, in wraps, and more!
I got my air fryer last year after a fun conversation with Brandi of the blog Stay Snatched. She is an air fryer guru. In fact, she even wrote a book on it! I confess I was skeptical, but it didn’t take long before I fell in love.
My first venture was to make air-fried french fries. Of course! What I love about the air fryer is that it makes nicely crispy goodies without ALL the oil.
I should clarify something. I have never been a person who deals well with lots of greasy foods. Things like:
- Fried donuts
- French fries
- Fried tofu
I enjoy the flavor of eating these foods, but they have never left me feeling great. So I love finding ways to have these dishes without all the grease. The perfect remedy? The air fryer!
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
An air fryer is basically a convection oven on steroids. It circulates hot air around the food and “fries” it or makes it crispy.
There are lots of air fryers on the market, finding the one that works best for you is important. I prefer an air fryer that is light and fits in my cabinet because I don’t like a lot of things sitting out on the counter.[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:130]
Now comes the fun part, eating the air fryer tofu. Here are some recipes where you could use this delicious fried tofu:
- My favorite Orange Tofu recipe. Just replace the frying tofu step with this air fryer tofu.
- Miso Glazed Tofu — that glaze would go perfectly on this tofu
- I think some crispy tofu would be delicious on this Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Ranch dressing.
- Serve this tofu with some Awesome Sauce and you will be a happy camper.
- I love zoodles and adding some healthy crispy tofu to my Zesty Sesame Zoodles would be delicious.
- We always served steamed broccoli or Brussels sprouts with tofu and rice. I highly recommend it as a way to add more vegetable to your daily diet
- Adding some homemade brown rice or even cauliflower rice would make this a complete meal!
I hope you love this recipe for air fried tofu as much as we do! It’s a favorite Friday night recipe these days!
This recipe was republished with permission from NamelyMarly.