I used to love tzatziki, which is a Greek yogurt dip (also called cacik in Turkish). But where I am in Australia there have been no really good vegan versions brought out, so I decided to make my own.
Surprisingly, it was super simple and is a very versatile dip or sauce. You can have it served simple and healthy (like I have) with some veggie sticks. Or you could add it a falafel burger, a wrap or a kebab or serve with some crackers at your next BBQ or party with some friends!
This recipe uses coconut but you could work with any plain/unsweetened yogurt that you have on hand (or make).
- 150 grams natural coconut yoghurt (make sure it is natural, a flavoured version will give it a funky taste)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated cucumber
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 carrot sticks (should roughly be one carrot)
- 6 cucumber sticks (should roughly be 1/2 a cucumber)
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Put yoghurt into a bowl and mash it up.
- Add in the lemon juice, dill, grated cucumber, garlic, pepper and salt. Stir very well.
- Check the taste, add in a bit more lemon and/or dill if you need some more flavour.
- Place into a serving bowl or into a container if you are prepping it.
- Chop up your veggie sticks.
- Serve, or save!
This recipe was republished with permission from Become a Plant-Based Babe.