Most of the time when people find out I’m vegan the first thing they do is list off all the items they just couldn’t live without. So part of what I love to do with Vegan Guide to the Galaxy is changing people’s mindsets about how restrictive veganism is and show people that whatever they can eat, with a little creativity and cooking, they can also have vegan! This recipe for the Mc.Vegan aka Vegan Egg Mc. Muffin is super quick, easy and totally delicious.
Easy Vegan McMuffin Recipe With Plant-Based Egg and Sausage
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Yield: 3 Vegan Mc.Muffins
1 block medium firm tofu
3 vegan English muffins
Vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart American slices)
Vegan sausage (I used Gardein Brand breakfast patties)
Pinch Kala namak salt (also known as “black salt.” Optional but it gives an extra “eggy” taste)
- Slice your tofu into three pieces, lengthwise so that you have 3 large rectangles.
- Separate the three slices and lay them on a plate or cutting board then use a drinking glass as a guide to cut them into the round tofu “egg” patty shape.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the Kala namak salt on both sides of your tofu patties before cooking.
- I used my air fryer at 400 degrees for 10 minutes to cook the tofu but you can also cook them in a frying pan or in the oven at 375 degrees until they become golden brown in 10-15 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking prepare your sausage patties according to the package instructions.
- When the tofu is done, layer your English muffin with the tofu “egg,” sausage, and cheese then warm in the oven or microwave for 1 minute to melt the cheese and soften the muffin.
This recipe was republished with permission from Briggitte Dix for veganguidetothegalaxy.