An (almost) foolproof pancake recipe perfect for lazy weekend mornings or Pancake-Day dinners. The larger than normal amount of baking powder (yes, that is tablespoons) is what makes these so lovely and fluffy.
Deliciously Fluffy American Style Pancakes
1 Cup (140 g) plain flour*
1.5 Tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 Tbsp apple puree*
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Cup (250ml) dairy-free milk of choice (soy and almond are perfect)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla extract
The possibilities are endless!
1. Set pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon) and whisk to combine
3. Next add milk, apple puree, vanilla extract and liquid coconut oil. Whisk. If the batter looks too thick to pour add a little more milk
4. Spread whatever coconut oil that was left in the pan around and ladle batter into pancake size of choice (CD size is a good rough guideline)
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side. Once bubbles appear on the surface, flip and cook until both sides are golden. Repeat until all batter is used.
6. Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
* If you do not have apple purée simply add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil.