Stay warm this season with a piping hot bowl of vegan stew. This hearty recipe features plant-based meat brand Oumph!’s meatless pulled pork. Throw in some savory veggies like carrots, celery, and potatoes and you’ve got yourself a satisfying meal the whole family is sure to enjoy. Of course, sharing is optional.
Warm Winter Stew With Vegan Pulled Pork
1 pack Pulled Oumph!
1 Pack Smoky Bits
2 tbsp olive oil
5 shallots, diced
4 carrots, chopped
2 sticks of celery, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup flour
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup vegan red wine
2 cups vegetable stock
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups potatoes, chopped
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
3 fresh bay leaves
2 tsp Vegan liquid aminos
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley, for garnish
1 tbsp Olive oil
- Place a dutch oven over low-medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Once the pot is hot, sautée the shallots. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the carrots, celery, and garlic. Continue to stir occasionally for another five minutes.
- Add the flour and cook while stirring for two minutes.
- Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add stock, tomatoes, vegan aminos, potatoes, mushrooms, thyme and bay leaves. Ensure that all the vegetables are just covered in liquid. Add more stock if needed. Cover and leave to simmer for around 30-35 minutes.
- For the Pulled Oumph!: Heat a nonstick saucepan to medium heat. Add one tbsp of olive oil. Add one pack of Pulled Oumph and cook until golden brown.
- For the Smoky Bits: Heat a nonstick saucepan to medium heat. Add one tbsp of olive oil. Add one pack of Pulled Oumph and cook until golden brown.
- Add cooked Pulled Oumph and Smoky Bits to the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Taste the stew and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove thyme and bay leaves. Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!