I am super excited to bring to you my “Honey” & Lemon Broccolini Tagliatelle. I hope it goes down as well with you as it did with my taste testers.
You can’t go far wrong with pasta. It’s my go-to dinner. Having gluten-free, soy-free and of course vegan pasta available in all health food shops and supermarkets, it can be a dish for everyone. There is so much you can do with the Italian favourite to tickle everyone’s taste buds. How about garlicky sautéed tenderstem broccoli on top of buttery lemon tagliatelle – yes, that’s all vegan too. Filled with iron and protein from the green lentils, it’s a no-brainer dinner dish. This recipe is super simple, yet super delicious!
In this recipe I used regular wheat tagliatelle, which can be replaced with gluten-free pasta if needed. I stirred Pure Olive Spread into the cooked pasta along with lemon juice and chopped parsley, which was enough for this rich, delicious dish. Fuss-free pasta with no sauce is surprisingly satisfying!
On top of the pasta is Broccoli stir fried with garlic, coconut oil and brown rice syrup, which can be replaced with agave or maple syrup. Sprinkle with some toasted coconut flakes for a little crunch!
If you’re a big fan of pasta dishes, why not take a look at a previous recipe from The Hungry Herbivores: Creamy Beetroot & Dill Linguine.
Enjoy your pasta, let me know what you think and don’t forget to check out the other amazing articles on Livekindly!
“Honey” & Lemon Broccolini Tagliatelle
For the pasta
200g (7oz) tagliatelle
1 Tbsp vegan margarine
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Juice of two lemons
For the Broccolini
200g (7oz) tenderstem broccoli
3 Tbsp brown rice syrup (or alternative liquid sweetener)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tin (400g) green lentils, drained
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
zest of two lemons
For the Topping
2/3 cup flaked coconut
– Place your pasta in a large saucepan and cook according to the product instructions in salted water.
– While your pasta is cooking, heat a wok on medium high and toast your coconut flakes for about 2-3 minutes or until they start to brown. They burn quickly, so keep a close eye on the coconut. Once toasted pour into a small bowl and set aside.
– In the same wok, add your broccoli, brown rice syrup, coconut oil and garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes.
– Add the lentils to the wok and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
– Take off the heat and add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lemon zest.
– Once your pasta has cooked, drain and add to the wok. Stir together the broccoli, lentils and pasta and serve with a sprinkle of coconut flakes.
If you like this recipe and want to see more, head over and subscribe to The Hungry Herbivores![/et_pb_text][et_pb_social_media_follow _builder_version=”3.0.53″ saved_tabs=”all” link_shape=”circle” url_new_window=”on” follow_button=”on” background_layout=”light” global_module=”4820″] [et_pb_social_media_follow_network social_network=”facebook” skype_action=”call” url=”https://www.facebook.com/livekindlyco/” bg_color=”#3b5998″]