UK supermarket chain Sainsbury’s has recently given tidings of comfort and joy to customers up and down the nation with the announcement that it is now stocking vegan marshmallows and vegan squirty cream!
The supermarket is offering Freedom’s marshmallows in two different varieties: mini pink & white, and regular sized vanilla. In addition to this, they have also added soy-based Hopla whipped cream in a spray can to their shelves.
Naturally, this has left people itching to get their hands on the new sweet treats so they can make a completely indulgent vegan hot chocolate. But just how do you make the ultimate vegan hot chocolate with only ingredients from Sainsbury’s?
Just like this…
A Ho Ho Hot Choc Recipe With Sainsbury’s New Vegan Cream and Marshmallows
You will need:
- 250 ml Oatly Dairy Free Milk
- A dash of Alpro Single Soya Cream
- 2 Squares of Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Hopla Whipped Cream
- Freedom Mini Marshmallows
- Start by heating up the oat milk on a low to medium heat.
- Add the chocolate, and sugar if using, and stir until completely melted and combined. Ensure the mixture is hot.
- Take off the heat and add as much Alpro soya cream as you would like.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture into your favourite mug.
- Top with all the Hopla whipped cream and Freedom mini marshmallows you want.
- Drink up and don’t share.
Image credit: Sainsbury’s