If you’re looking for a go-to energy ball recipe healthy enough to eat every day, this Carrot Cake Energy Balls recipe checks all the boxes!
1) it uses super-nutritious ingredients that taste delicious and work wonders for physical health (even mental clarity!), 2) it’s vegan and WFPBNO (whole-foods, plant-based, no oil) compliant, meaning it’s one of the healthiest ways you can procure that energy boost to push you through the 3pm slump or mid-morning munchies, 3) it’s budget friendly, so you don’t have to break the bank to eat healing food and stay alert between meals, 4) and with several variations, you can easily change up the sweetness level by simply increasing the dried fruit – raisins and dates.
Let’s break it down:
1. Super Nutritious Ingredients. If you’re familiar with Dr. Michael Greger’s (author of the best-selling book, “How Not to Die“) ‘daily dozen’ eating recommendations, you know that ingredients like flax, walnuts and turmeric are particularly healthy. These carrot cake energy balls can help us get your daily servings.
2. WFPBNO Compliant. These carrot cake bites are not only completely vegan, they’re also WFPBNO compliant—oil free, flour free and gluten free, with no added sugars. Talk about a health win!
3. Budget0Friendly. Since I plan to make this recipe a lot (and hope you will too!) I wanted it to be easy on the budget. For example, Medjool dates are on the expensive side, so I use a combination of dates and raisins to keep the cost lower.
4. Interesting Variations. These are healthy enough to eat every day. Of course I realize on occasion you might want to you want to indulge yourself a bit, so I include a ‘donut hole’ variation that amps up the sweetness with a bit of coconut sugar and cinnamon to create a sweeter, syrupy bite.
These delectable, portable, no-bake carrot cake energy balls are super nutritious and easy to make. Keep a batch on hand for an instant breakfast, healthy snack–or in case of a hunger emergency! We’ve all been there.[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:103]
This recipe was republished with permission from Elizabeth Shah, Healthy Midwestern Girl.
Become a CLUBKINDLY member today!