Vegan Casserole in a Skillet With Plant-Based Taco Meat
Serves: Six peopleIngredients: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1.5 package Fry’s Meat Free crumbles 1 onion, diced 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 package taco seasoning 1 cup rice 1 cup vegetable broth 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilis 1 cup frozen roasted corn, thawed Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese ½ cup shredded vegan pepper jack cheese ¼ cup pico de gallo Cilantro leaves Sliced radish Sliced jalapeño Instructions:
- Heat olive oil in a ten-inch cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add Fry’s Meat Free crumbles, onion, and garlic. Cook for four to five minutes until Fry’s Meat Free crumbles has browned. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Stir in rice, beans, frozen corn, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and green chilis. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, place on a cover, and reduce to a simmer until the rice is fully cooked for about 18-20 minutes.
- Top with both kinds of cheese and place under the broiler for two to three minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Garnish the vegan casserole with pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced radish, and jalapeño.
This is a sponsored post.