It’s all carrot cakes and eggs these days and I thought I’d post this egg-less frittata made out of chickpea flour.
I used to love frittata for breakfast! Loaded with greens and vegetables, it was one of my favorite post-workout meals.
This alternative to the traditional frittata works perfectly. I use all the same greens and herbs and add more vegetables sometimes.
This is my basic recipe and you can add your favorite vegetables to it, like bell pepper, zucchini, onions, spinach, or kale.
This vegan chickpea frittata is a great way to start the day | image/Sincerely V
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- sea salt, pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mixed herbs (dill, parsley, coriander)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 avocado to serve
- baby greens to serve
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- juice of one lemon
- sea salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, coriander, mint
- To make the dressing blend all its ingredients in a high speed blender, adjust seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Whisk all the frittata ingredients (except the herbs) in a bowl until the batter is smooth and no lumps are left. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Chop the herbs. If you’re using any vegetables you can go ahead and sauté them at this stage in a nonstick pan or a skillet with 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Add the herbs to the batter, mixing well.
- Pour the batter on a greased skillet or a nonstick pan, cover it with the lid and cook for 3 min on medium heat. Remove the lid then transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven as soon as the top of it is no longer runny.
- Transfer the frittata onto a platter, sliding it gently out of a skillet.
- Serve it with some [greens, avocadohttps://fave.co/2MNnJFw] and a drizzle it tahini or hummus.
Looking for more vegan breakfast ideas? This vegan Spanish omelette, also called tortilla de patatas, is the perfect way to start the day. The recipe uses chickpea flour, baking powder, and water to create an egg mixture replacement. Your health will get a boost, too, with vegetables like sweet potato and spinach, making this plant-powered meal totally Popeye-approved, according to the recipe creators.
Maybe you’re more of a burrito kinda person. We’ve got you covered. This vegan breakfast burrito is inspired by the breakfast burritos at the Breakfast Club in London. This meat-free version is packed with plant-based ingredients like coriander lime rice, Mexican tofu egg scramble, avocado, and plenty of aromatic Mexican spices. It may have breakfast in the title, but it tastes so good, you’ll want to make it for every meal.
This vegan caramelized banana oatmeal is sure to get you out of bed in the morning. It’s gluten-free, sweet, creamy, and ready in under 30 minutes (or even 20 if you push it). The recipe includes rolled oats, plant-based milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and the star of the show: bananas.
For something a little lighter, try this Vegan Chia Seed Pudding Phyter Bar Parfait recipe. It’s a great way to kick off your morning. It’s nutritious, refreshing, filling, and packed with rich texture thanks to the creamy dairy-free yogurt and crunchy/chewy Phyter bars. You’ll also need beet powder and strawberries.
This recipe was republished with permission from Sincerely V.