Dinner is served with this vegan pulled pork in a bread bowl.
Jasmine and Chris from Sweet Simple Vegan show us their winter What I Eat In A Day. They share two amazing recipes: a bread bowl chili featuring Oumph! vegan pulled pork and LikeMeat’s plant-based chicken, as well as a vegan egg scramble made with chickpeas and Fry’s vegan ground beef.
Bonus! Their what I eat in a day also has some four-legged guest appearances. Berry and Louie style some garments in a doggie fashion show!
Vegan BBQ Pulled Pork and Chicken Chili in a Bread Bowl
● 1 tablespoon of oil to sauté
● 1 cup diced onion
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 cup diced bell peppers
● 2 stalks celery, diced
● 1.5 package of BBQ Oumph!
● 1.5 package of just chicken
● 45 oz (3-15 oz cans) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
● 1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
● 2 bay leaves
● 4 cups vegan chicken or vegetable broth
● 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
● 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
● 1 tablespoon chili powder
● 1 tablespoon cumin
● 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
● 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
● 2 tablespoons chia seeds
● 4 bread bowls
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over medium heat sauté garlic and onions in oil.
2. After two to three minutes add in the celery and bell peppers, then continue to sauté for an additional two to three minutes.
3. Add in the Oumph! and Like Chicken, beans, and diced tomatoes and mix through.
4. Add in the Worcestershire, bbq sauce, liquid smoke, and spices.
5. Add in the vegan chicken or vegetable brother and the bay leaves, mix through, and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, lower to a simmer, cover, and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
7. Serve in a bread bowl* with vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and green onions
●If you’d like to sub out the cumin you can replace it with one teaspoon of ground coriander.
●If you’d like to make it gluten-free, just omit the bread bowl!