Lunch is served with this vegan sushi roll recipe. These vegan sushi rolls feature crispy prawns, avocado, and cucumber. Just grab some soy sauce for dipping for a meal you’ll be thinking about long after the last bite.
Vegan Sushi Rolls With Crispy Prawns and Avocado
Fry’s Crispy Battered Prawn Style pieces
Vegan Japanese mayo (vegan mayo + sriracha)
White sesame seeds
Black sesame seeds
Microgreens for garnish
Sushi Rice Ingredients:
2 cups japanese short-grain “sushi” rice
2 cups water
3-inch square of kombu
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
Sushi Rice Instructions:
- Rinse sushi rice with cold water in a mesh strainer for 2 minutes. Rinse until water runs very clear.
- Stir the rice and water together in a pot. Place kombu on top of the rice. Cover and cook according to rice cooker instructions. Discord Kombu when finished.
- When the rice has finished cooking, mix in the sugar and rice vinegar.
Cook Fry’s Crispy Battered Prawn Style Pieces
- Cook Fry’s Crispy Battered Prawn Style Pieces according to package instructions.
Sushi Rolling Instructions:
- Organize all of your ingredients before starting.
- Wrap your sushi rolling mat in saran wrap. This will prevent the rice from sticking to the mat.
- Place a sheet of nori down on the sushi mat shiny side up.
- Dip your fingers in clean water to avoid rice sticking onto your hands.
- Place about a cup of sushi rice on the sheet of nori. Gently spread sushi rice around the entire nori sheet. If your fingers start to get sticky, dip them in water again. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the entire rice surface.
- Next, carefully flip the nori sheet so that it is rice side down.
- Directly along the middle of the nori sheet, add your cucumber, avocado, three Fry’s Crispy Battered prawn style pieces.
- Using the sushi mat as a support, lift the edge closest to you above and over the filling. Use your fingers to tuck the filling in place as you roll. Tuck and roll the mat tightly into a roll.
- Reposition the mat and roll tightly again to finish. Use the mat to gently squeeze and shape the roll.
- To cut, be sure to wipe your knife with a wet towel in between each slice.
- Drizzle with vegan spicy mayo and enjoy and top with black sesame seeds a few microgreens.
LIVEKINDLY is here to help you navigate the growing marketplace of sustainable products that promote a kinder planet. All of our selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something we link to on our site, LIVEKINDLY may earn a commission.